top of page
Passport (MRP) Re-issue and Data Correction


Please book an appointment with us for your desired services, e.g., Passport (new and re-issue), NVR, Power of Attorney, Attestation, Birth & Death Registration, Travel Permit etc.

Bangladeshi Citizens living in the MIDLANDS & SOUTH WALES can apply for passport reissue to the Assistant High Commission for the People's Republic of Bangladesh, Birmingham. 

Applicants from other areas are requested to apply in their closest High Commission (ie. LONDON & MANCHESTER).


























  • Duly filled in re-issue form.

  • A recent passport-size photograph.

  • Current MRP and photocopy of information pages (if current MRP is lost/damaged, please talk to a Mission official).

  • Proof of address in the UK ( parent’s proof of address for applicants below 18 years old).

  • The UK or Bangladesh government registered marriage certificate/divorce certificate (to include/ remove/ change spouse’s name; applicable for married or divorced applicants ).

  • Proof of Profession.

  • Original along with a copy of foreign passport (if applicable).


  • Fee: £92.00  Debit Card or Postal Order payable to Bangladesh High Commission, Birmingham or via telephone by debit card to receive services by post

  • Prepaid special delivery envelope to return documents by post.

  • Postal Address: 

Bangladesh Assistant High Commission

The Southside Building

31 Hurst Street


B5 4BD

Jurisdictional_area_for_Birmingham_Mission 3.png


  1. Data Correction is required when an MRP has been inadvertently printed with wrong data. Mentionable, data correction should not be mingled with changing of information which requires a proper document.

  2. Requirements for data Correction In MRP.

  • Duly filled in Application Form.

  • A recent passport-size photograph.

  • Original MRP along with a photocopy.

  • Proof of Address in the UK.

  • Proof of Profession.

  • Fee: £92.00 (Debit Card or Postal Order payable to Bangladesh High Commission, Birmingham. Cash is not accepted):

    Prepaid special delivery envelope to return documents. 

Amendment/s to Bangladeshi Passport:
Applicants are requested to make the amendment if needed prior to doing MRP (Machine Readable Passport):
**Due to some personal circumstances an applicant may like to change some of the information in the MRP. But it is not possible to modify such information manually in MRP rather a new MRP will be required. To change information like changing names, permanent address, profession, age, and marital status, the following supporting documents must be provided:
** All of the required document/s must be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs before submission to the Assistant High Commission. 


Required documents for Change of Information in MRP:

  • Change of permanent address: 

      Police verification certificate from Bangladesh.

  • Change of marital status:

      Registered Marriage/Divorce Certificate (as appropriate).

  • Change of profession:

      1) For technical personnel like Doctors, Engineer, etc: education/ professional certificate.

      2) For other professions:  appropriate letter from the competent authority.

*Additional documents may be required. Mission reserves the right to seek supplements as and when required.


*Both original and one copy of the application along with all supporting documents are to be submitted. After verification, originals will be returned and copies shall be kept in the mission for future record.

bottom of page